Crystal Candle Care
CRYSTAL CANDLE CARE
Our candles are hand poured in New Zealand using Eco-conscious Soy Wax and Phthalate free fragrances
To get the most from your candles please use the tips below:
* Trim your wick to approximately 0.6cm before lighting your candle - this is to make sure the flame doesn’t burn too high and out of control and reduce smoke.
* For the perfect burn we recommend removing any crystals, petals and rose buds before lighting the candle but it is safe to leave them in, but please note they will sink into the wax and potentially create an uneven burn
* When lighting your candle for the first time, be sure to have it burning for 3- 4 hours or until the wax melts right to the edges of the jar but never for more than 4 hours, this will help to keep your candle all one level rather than sunk in the middle.
* When lighting your candle each time after the first burn you will need to trim your wick, and burn the candle for at-least 1-3 hours or until the candle reaches the edge of the jar.
* When you get to the bottom of your candle, never let your candle burn below 1cm of wick, the jars and tins we use are candle safe containers but do heat up when you reach the end of your candle.
HELPFUL TIPS AND WARNINGS:
* Always burn the candle within sight and on a level surface - never leave a candle unattended.
* Keep your candle free of any foreign deposits inside the vessel such as matches, wick trimmings etc.
* Keep your candle out of direct sunlight to prevent natural discolouration of the wax.
* Keep out of reach of children and pets.
* When burning your candle ensure it is not placed in any area with a draft or wind.
* Never light the candle near anything that could possibly catch fire, curtains etc.
* Crystals are a potential choking hazard so please don’t snack on them
* Hidden crystal candles have crystals at the bottom of the jar these crystals won’t effect the burn and can be collected at the end of your candle.
* Crystals can be cleaned with warm soapy water. When you have finished with your candle - don't throw it out!
Clean the jar with warm soapy water and reuse it to hold more crystals or other necessary magical items!